And he said to them, “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.”
Matthew 4:19 (ESV)
Following Jesus Daily Ministries is a non-denominational, not-for-profit Christian ministry.
Following Jesus Daily Ministries desires to empower “ordinary” people to become “extraordinary” followers of Jesus Christ!
We envision a strongly connected community of believers, building each other up daily.
And they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers. And awe came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were being done through the apostles. And all who believed were together and had all things in common. And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need. And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved. (Acts 2:42-47)
Here at Following Jesus Daily Ministries, we endeavor to:
- Pray! We firmly believe that prayer is one of the most important activities for followers of Christ.
- Study the Word of God together, with a commitment to sound doctrine. We endeavor to be as the “noble Bereans” – searching the scriptures to see if teachings line up with the Word!
- Live and share authentic lives, that others might see Jesus through the real, the raw, and the ordinary.
- Encourage wholehearted devotion to Jesus Christ in the midst of a world that is clamoring for our attention.
- Offer practical advice on how to live a life of active faith.
- Disciple each other through daily devotions, podcasts, YouTube videos, blog posts, and social media.
- Provide connection, fellowship, and mentoring online without cost.
- Function in the ministry and gifting of the Holy Spirit.
- Promote good works, which God has prepared in advance for us to do (Ephesians 2:10).
If God wills, our long range vision includes a women’s retreat / counseling center.
We value the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
Statement of Faith
We hold traditional / conservative evangelical Christian beliefs.
- Bible – We believe in the supernatural inspiration of scripture and in its inerrancy in the original manuscripts. We believe that the Bible has been preserved in meaning by God throughout translation. Scripture is applicable, sufficient, and authoritative in our daily lives. (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:21; John 1:1)
- Trinity – We believe in one God who eternally exists and reveals Himself in three persons – Father, Son, Holy Spirit. These persons each possess the same nature, attributes, and perfections. (Matthew 3:16-17; Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14)
- God the Father – God is omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent, infinite, immortal, and unchanging. (1 Timothy 1:17; Psalm 139:1-13)
- God the Son – Jesus is the Word of God and the visible manifestation of God. Jesus was not created, but has always existed as part of the triune Godhead. (John 1:1-3; John 1:14; John 1:18; Colossians 1:15-17; John 10:30; 1 Corinthians 8:6; Colossians 2:9)
- God the Holy Spirit – God sent His Spirit to be our comforter. We believe the Holy Spirit is a Person and possesses all the divine attributes of God. He convicts of sin, regenerates, indwells, baptizes, and seals all believers at the moment of their salvation until the day of redemption. He also teaches, comforts, gives spiritual perception and understanding, and power to us. His goal is to conform us into the image of Christ! (Ephesians 1:13; Ephesians 4:30; 1 Corinthians 6:19; 1 Corinthians 12:13; John 16:7-11; John 14:15-17,26)
- Humanity – All human life has dignity and worth, from conception until death. We are all made in the image of God, but we all possess a fallen nature. Through the sin of Adam, the human race has inherited a sin nature and is alienated from God. We remain “dead in our sins” unless we are “born again”. ( Genesis 1:26-27; 2 Corinthians 4:4; Ephesians 2:1-3)
- Salvation – Salvation is a free gift of God that cannot be earned or maintained by human effort in any way. Salvation is by God’s grace alone, through faith in Jesus Christ alone. When we trust in Jesus Christ for salvation, His divine nature is applied to our sin nature to “cover us” like a cloak. The blood of Jesus washes us clean from the penalty and guilt of sin. (Romans 6:23; Romans 5:12,17-21; Ephesians 2:8-9; John 3:16; John 1:12-13; Romans 10:9-10; John 10:27-29)
Our full Statement of Faith can be found here: Statement of Faith.
A number of years ago, God placed a deep desire on my heart to reach out to “lost lambs” and “prodigal children”. I have a great desire to see people pursue deeper fellowship with Jesus. While I have no formal counselling or theology degree, I have volunteered many hours online providing advice, encouragement, and hope to the broken-hearted.
I have been married for 20 years and homeschool our two children.